Casement window parts

A home owner says:
There are no marking on the crank. do you have any idea where I can find them? I have more pictures, but could only send 1 with this message.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This looks like it is from an old Bilt Best window. This type of operator is no longer available, I'm afraid. The one you are showing in your photo I believe is for and Awning window. You will need to use one of the newer style operators like the 39-083. These come in different sizes depending on the width of the window sash and frame. You will also need sash brackets like the 39-170 and a 39-114L handle for the new operator. Along with replacing the operator you will most likely need to replace the hinges with something like our 36-013-10. Keep in mind that these are not direct replacements and this project will likely be a little involved. You will need to make up new wood covers, for example. You might want to have a contractor perform the work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)