CertainTeed replacemnt window

A home owner from Norwood MA says:
I have broken balance springs on CertainTeed windows that were installed around 1987. The only markings that I can see on the window are stamped inthe aluminum between the glass. THese are VI REP and the number 87. The springs are 3/4 inches wide and I'm guessing by about 17 1/2 inches long. Do you carry this item.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I will need more information. Please remove the balances from the window and take a few pictures of them for us to see. Make sure to include pictures of both the top and bottom, and anything printed on the hardware itself. Thanks!
A home owner from Norwood MA says:
Attached are pictures of the balance spring that I need. There is a marking on the spring that says 335 A. Hopefully you will be able to identify the correct part.
User submitted a photo of a coil window balance.
User submitted a photo of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. This coil spring resembles our S170-335. Do you think that can work? A good way to determine that is to look at your pivot shoe. The S170-335 works with our 15-155 pivot shoe. If this matches your own hardware, I think this is a good place to start.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)