Certainteed Double hung window - top keeper for spring/ string balance rod

A quick learner from Grand Rapids says:
I am looking for the top piece which snaps into the channel on a double hung window. The string of the string/ spring assembly is tied to this to allow the unit as a whole to operate for balance on the double hung window. Hoping the attached pics and verbiage give enough to go on. Would be willing to purchase the individual part or a complete system.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our Series 850 crossbow balance. The top plastic hook you show isn't made anymore, and ours is just attached via a screw. Fortunately, there's a solution. You can install the 26-200 screw plug into the hole in which that old hook was supposed to go. It just pushes right in. You can then install the Series 850 with a screw as normal.
A quick learner from Grand Rapids says:
The Series 850 crossbow balance would appear to be exactly what I want excepting for the length. I have attached another picture showing mine to be about 10 1/2" as opposed to 28 1/2". Does the 850 come in different lengths? The 26-200 screw plug in combination with the 850 balance look perfect except for the length?? Thanks for your time.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the Series 850 comes in many lengths. Click on that link to see every length we have available for this balance, the shortest being 10.5".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)