Certainteed Window pivot, I think

A handy person from San Diego says:

We are in coastal San Diego. the salt air seems to have corroded the stub on the outside of the short arm of this piece. I unsecrewed the bracket from the bottom of the upper sash. That sash slid down and would not remain in place.

Michael

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PIvot 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot 1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Michael. Your exact pivot bar isn't made anymore, but believe it or not our 26-175 pivot bar pair should work as a replacement. These are designed to install the same way and even fit in the same pivot shoe. Check it out and see what you think. If you look at the older customer questions we have on that store page, you'll see that most of them have the same pivot bar as yours.

A handy person from New York says:
I have what appears from the photos to be the same window pivot that cracked. I have seen some other posts suggesting 26-175 as you have and others suggesting 26-353. Is there a difference (besides price) and will either one work? I see that the measurements are 1/16"=1/8" different but it is hard to get such an exact measurement from my cracked original

Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Well, the main difference would be that the 26-353 pin is bottom oriented, while the pin on the original Certaineed pivot bar is raised up from the bottom just like the 26-175.

The 26-353 may work but I'm not confident that it will work well. When it comes to these old Certainteed pivot bars you always want the 26-175.

SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
SWISCO 26-175 CertainTeed Pivot Bar Pair
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.