Certainteed coil balance assembly replacement

A home owner from 20653 says:
I need assistance in finding the right part for the coil balance assembly to a Certainteed window. The sash no longer stays up when the window is open lifting the sash. The each coil has a number 6 written on it and it is and half inch wide and the sash weight about 20.2 lbs. I am not sure which parts to order.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220213_131814.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot shoe resembles the 15-192 made by Certainteed, which uses the S170 and S171 springs. 

The 6 stamped on your springs would normally lead me to believe that you would need the S170-406 and S171-406 coils, but that would support more than 20 pounds. If you're confident in your sash weight, you may be better off using one S170-405 and S171-405 on each side to support exactly 20 pounds. Thanks for posting. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.