Certainteed window spring

A handy person from West Chester PA. says:
Need to replace some parts on old certainteed windows. Spring is stamped with 407 and under that is a j. Old style pivot shoes are a match. Will 407 spring work? What does the j stand for?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You might have out S170-407 spring and 15-155 pivot shoe. Carefully examine this hardware and compare it to your own and let me know if you agree. To be honest, I'm not sure what the "j" stands for. It may just be a manufacturing mark.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)