Champion Window Balances

A contractor from Cypress Texas says:
Need thirteen pair replacement balances for original Champion windows. The length is 29" and diameter 3/8".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB642CE4-179A-484B-8F25-9F73C910EDB0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45BB6D11-E932-4966-B229-2CE429023F7B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely help with this balance. Before we go any further, can you tell me the length of the internal spiral rod? It should be either 30" or 31". Can you also tell me the weight of the sash this balance supports?

A contractor from Cypress Texas says:
Yes the spiral is 31" long and the channel housing 29" long I don't have weight but green is probably what I need see attached pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for the additional information. I will email you an order link and price quote right now for 13 balances, but you should definitely confirm the exact weight of your sash to be sure Green is correct. Custom balances cannot be returned for a refund and if Green is too strong (or even too weak) then there won't be anything we can do for you.

For reference, a pair of balances with a Green tip can carry  14 through 26 pounds. I've also just noticed that the Green tip option for this size is currently out of stock, so there will be a lead time.

Otherwise, this balance will be an S300-29 but with the bottom nylon shoe swapped out for our 15-073, which closely resembles the clip I see in your photos.

A contractor from Cypress Tx says:
If we go up to the next tip what is the weight class and are they in stock

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

There is no weight up past the Green Tip. That is the strongest option we have for this size. The one below that is the Red Tip, which carries 10 through 22 pounds. Does your sash weight fall in that range?

A contractor from Cypress Tx says:
I replied with additional information yesterday but I'll repeat it here but maybe a call would expedite things I need these balances as soon as possible, here is additional clarity

We only need red tip, we need 13 pair of these so total of 26 individual pieces or 13 pair

Can you send me updated quote and appx date I could expect to receive these with shipping options.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! As long as your sash weight falls in the given range then the Red tip should be fine. I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 26 balances with these specifications. You can use this order link to add the balances to your cart as if they were a standard product, at which point you can checkout as normal.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)