Channel Balance 22" Series 765 S765-22

A quick learner from NC says:

I need 16 replacement channel balances. The S765-22 looks like the one. My window sashes has two channel balances on each side, total of four per sash. Each sash weights 26 lbs, 24" high x 48" wide and are double hung. The question is will I need to go back with two channel balances per side or will one work.

The spring is attached at the bottom of the channel and the End Clip is #62-530.

I am sending photos for your review please response asap.

Thanks you in advance for any help you can provide.

James

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Jam.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B&T Channel 22 inches.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B&T Channel Spring on bottom.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B&T Channel Top.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B&T Channel Bottom.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, James. It sounds like you know exactly what you want. Before going ahead with ordering your replacement parts, could we have you provide us with stamping on the metal portion of the balance?

A quick learner from Code stamping says:

Thanks for the reply,

There are two different stamps but the balance channels appear to be identical.

Most of the codes are: 21 "B" B.S.I. but there are 2 or 3 that are coded: 21 "C" B.S.I.

The windows are pretty old so I'm thinking there has been replacements made in the past. There are many other smaller windows in the home of the same type working fine, but all the larger windows channel balances have failed either with broken springs or cords.

Couple of questions:

Will the connecting clip #62-530 be on the balance channels when I order?

How do I determine the proper weight to order when there are four balance channels per sash now? Each sash weighs 26 pounds.

Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for getting back to us. We can help with these balances, yes, but they will have to be specially made with our 15-036 balance hook and 60-005 rivet in the top hole so that you can use your S clip. 

The reason I asked for the stamps is because they represent the strength of the spring. If every sash is 26 pounds, I'm not sure why you'd have different stamps for each balance. You may want to double check the sash weight just to be sure. What's more is that 26 pounds is very heavy compared to your options of "21B" and "21C," which are for lighter sashes. 

Assuming you need balances that are all the same, we would specially make our S770-22 with a 22E option, with the 15-036 hook and 60-005 rivet attached. Can you just tell me how many you need?

I'm looking to replace 16 balances. Yes each sash is 26 lbs. I'm just not sure that the heavier balances will work. Because now there are two balances on each side of the sash with a hooks connected on each side of the pivot shoe. In order to balance out the weight of the sash would it be best to replace with the same set up? I am assuming you are recommending two channel balances per sash instead of present four.
Looking at the S770-22 balances the springs are at the top of the balance. I need balances with the springs at the bottom. Is this a factor?
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for getting back to us. Concerning the placement of the spring in the balance itself, it doesn't really matter where it goes. The operation of the balance will be the same.

Concerning having two balances on each side, I think you should stay with that. I apologize for missing that in my first response. We will specially make you a S770-22 with a 22B option and one with our 22C option, just like you have now. They will also include that 15-036 hook I mentioned, as well as a 60-005 rivet in the top hole.

Can you just confirm how many of the 22B and how many of the 22C you need? Once I have your quantities I will email you those order links.

Thanks for the clarification,
Here is what I need:
8- 22B channel balances w/15-036 hook & 60-005 rivet in top hole
8- 22C channel balances w/15-036 hook & 60-005 rivet in top hole
4- 15-106 Pivot Lock shoe (in white if available)
4- 15-054 Brake shoe
4- 15-124 Metal Cam ( I'm assuming the brake and cam are all parts of the pivot lock shoe and ordered individually)
Thanks you have been a great help.
Profile picture of Paul

Perfect! We'll email you those special balance order links now. You can use these to add the balances to your cart as if they were a standard item, and then you can continue shopping for those other parts as normal. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Concerning the pivot shoe, I'm afraid we don't have that housing in white. You are right that the pieces are sold individually, though.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)