Numbers 26 3 FX CMC 7
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200308_141809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200308_141907.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200308_141900.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200308_141837.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200308_141809.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. It actually looks to me like the channel balance shot past the window sash because your top sash guide broke--in which case I believe your balances might be fine. The top sash guide is the plastic piece in the top corners of the window sash. When these guides wear down, they break and the channel balance shoots past the sash, as what appears to have happened to your window.

We can help you replace your Top Sash Guide, we just need to see an undamaged version out of the window, with 'mugshot pictures' of the front and side. For information on how to remove and replace your Top Sash Guides, see the video below. 

A home owner from Naples, Florida says:
Looks like it is a broken sash guide. The problem seems to be the balance is stuck in the vertical position and I can't budge it.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Most likely the balance will still go down, though it may need some firm pressure to do so. If you can't do this or are not comfortable doing so, your best bet would be to hire a local professional to help.

A home owner from Naples, Florida says:
It starts to go down the feels like it hits something and won't budge. Will call a local pro.

Thanks for your help,

Andy
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.