Channel balance replaacement

A professional from Silt, CO says:
I recently purchased a home built in 2001-2002 timeframes. The home has non tilt out vinyl windows that are not opening or closing. I had planned on replacing them but felt I should determine the problem first. It appears that the 1/2 inch window channel balance rs are the problem. I found your excellent web site & after determining the problem I cannot tell if I need the series 380 or the 385. Also the part number on the units appears to be 2130. Does that help in selecting the proper balancers? Will either of these 2 work? I have roughly 10 windows & the balance rs keep dropping down. As a General Contractor I feel I have the skills to make these repairs with the proper product.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! If you've narrowed it down to the Series 380 and Series 385 then the next step is to measure your bottom shoe. This is the only difference between these two series. Compare your measurement to our dimensions to determine the best match. When you measure, make sure to account for wear; your bottom shoe may be a little smaller than it once was.

The stamp you gave us is only indicative of the spring strength.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)