Coil spring system replacement

A quick learner from Hudson, MI says:
Looks like I have the exact same pieces I'd like to order for both sides of my window. The ribbon coils are broken on both sides as well as a broken balance shoe. Do you still have availability?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7FD9A06A-FF78-42CE-B870-424CF97CE2AD.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, your balance has been discontinued. We suggest going with the 15-155 pivot shoe. Look it over and see what you think. There is a possibility the pivot bar that is currently installed in your sash may not fit in your replacement shoe. If you happen to be handy, you could file both the top and bottom ring down on your pivot bar to make it flat so it will slip in the 15-155 pivot shoe. You can also consider replacing the pivot bar with our 26-452.  Lastly, for the coil spring, our Series 170 should make for a good fit. You will need to retrieve the stamping on the coil when ordering. If there is no stamp number, you will need to know the exact weight of the sash. 

A quick learner from Hudson, MI says:
The stamp on the coil is 336, looks like we have a winner! Your help has been wonderful. I'll get this order going and will let you know how the install goes. Thanks Paul.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome. Glad we are able to help you with your hardware needs. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)