Commercial door pivot parts

A quick learner from New York says:
I have a commercial door that is having a closing problem. It is a pivot door.

The door is scraping on the top and in the middle of the door. I have attached pictures of the door. It is definitely out of line or adjustment

Is it possible to adjust the existing pivot?

What pivot do I need to replace?

Will the new one fit ?

Please let me know
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anthonyfau 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anthonyfau 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anthonyfau 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named anthonyfau 4.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If you could open the door and take a photo of the top and bottom where the hinge screws are on the inside, we may be able to help you find a solution to your problem. Thank you!

Hi
Here is another picture
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot door.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you have a 79-098 right-hand commercial door pivot set. If you look at the photo on our product page, you will see a small Allen screw on the side of the bottom hinge. You will need to unscrew it and then place a flat bar under the door to raise it. Finally, with a wrench, turn the bottom pivot upward. You might need WD-40 to loosen it, but this should help you out. Let me know if you need more help.

Hi Dave

So we are saying the pivot just needs adjustment not a new one? Will adjusting it make the top of the door not scrape?
Sorry to bomb you with questions.

Would you advise buying a brand new pivot just in case? I am not bothered about adjusting or replacing but just really need to know if this will fix the problem of the door scraping the frame at the top.

Thanks for the help

Anthony
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Sure, you could buy a new one if you think the old one is broken. I only recommend trying to adjust it first since it'd be an easier and quicker solution.  If that doesn't work, the option of buying a new one is always on the table.

Ok

I will try it first. Thanks for the advise. I will update when I know
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)