Compatability

A quick learner from Madison says:
I have 1941 home with spriral balances throughout in various sizes. I am looking to replace 14 of them however mine all have a bracket similar to the old style 15-172, with a rivet securing the bracket to the balance. I like the quality of this design. Plus, there are mortises in the bottom of my window sashes to accept the metal notches. Super convenient.

My question is if I am looking to buy the 27" Series 500 Spiral Balance, will this old sytle bracket work with it, and what other pieces (rivet) do I need to ensure I have all that I need in terms of compatable materials to replace my balances ?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 15-172 would have to be specially riveted onto a Series 600 spiral balance. We can custom make that for you if you'd like, however most service people opt for using the Series 500 balance with a 17-007 bracket. It should function the same way, without the need for riveting anything on. The 17-007 just hooks right on the Series 500 tip. Would that work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)