Convert wood glazing to snap-in?

A quick learner from connecticut says:
Hello. I have single pane wood windows. All need reglazing.
Can I convert them to snap in glazing?
If so what do I need to do and how do I choose the correct snap in piece?

Thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
If you have an older wood sash window that had putty glazing, I don't believe you can convert it to the vinyl snap in glazing bead. You could use a wood trim and caulking to seal up the window glass.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I agree with Dave. If your sash already has putty, I would go with wood trim. For vinyl glazing, you would need to rout out a groove on the frame to accept the ribbed locking leg which is usually done before a new window frame is assembled. It is much harder when the frame is already assembled.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)