Converting 32-053 to work on the top

A quick learner from US says:
To who it may concern,
I hope you can help me my house is just over 62 yrs old I have a kitchen drawer with a center guide rail it is not on the bottom it's on top of the drawer. I looked at what you have and I saw item 32-053 even though it's suppose to be on the bottom I was wondering can it be converted to be used on the top.
If it can not be used on the top do you have a guide rail for a drawer that is designed to be used as a top guide rail. I have been looking for weeks and have not found any thing, so I'm hoping that you might have some thing that will I can use
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I had the same situation a few years back in my kitchen. I didn't use the 32-053 at the top like you are thinking of, but what I did still worked. I attached a piece of 3/8" plywood at the bottom of the drawer and installed the 32-053 track at the bottom. The 32-053 might work at the top, but I'm not sure if the rear guide it comes with can hold the weight of the drawer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)