Converting Andersen thumb latch to work on outside

A contractor from nj says:

I am working on a Andersen slider to convert from just a thumb latch on the inside to thumb latch and outside lock. There seems to be special screws for the installation, but I do not see them on your website. Do you have them? They do not seem to be included with either the thumb latch or outside lock in your pictures. 

Also, do you have the I believe Weiser locks? The ones from I think the '92 vintage doors.

One more thing, do you have keyed alike lock cylinders? I will need with a 82-316 and one to retro fit an existing 82-816. Actually the part number on the back of the existing is ST 2573069 LH. Is that the same as the 82-816, it looks the same? Thanks.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at the parts you're inquiring about, our 82-316 is normally used with a newer style mortise lock and keeper like our 82-037. Since your door is older, it might use the 82-263 mortise lock instead. 

It does appear that the mounting holes and the lever activation hole are in the same location. You could possibly use the 82-316 along with the 82-043 to convert your older patio door to a key lock. The 82-316 is used on a patio sliding doors that are left handed, going by the outside view looking in. I believe they use the Schlage key way not the Weiser key way the older locks used. 

I'm afraid we cannot provide them keyed alike, and I'm not sure a locksmith can re-key the cylinder. You might need to contact a Andersen dealer in your area for that.

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.