Crank replacement cover

A home owner from Chicago says:
I have 15 year old Windsor windows (awning window below a fixed window). I'd like to add a white cover to the crank operator. Are there any generic covers that will go over mine to give it a "new" or fresh look? (I have brown operators and would like a white cover, without having to replace the whole expensive crank). I don't think my current metal covers come off. I've tried. No success. It looks like the Truth Hardware Operator Cover could work??? I'm not sure if it would snap on OVER TOP of mine though?

I have replaced a few of my operators with Product Code: 39-083 (which is a whole unit, like my old/current ones, where the cover doesn't seem to come off).

In the end, I'm trying to update the look of everything to white, such as using Product Code: 38-209 for handle/escutcheon.

Any other thoughts on options would be appreciated, as I have many windows and I'm trying to manage the cost.

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1DB2F5EB-56C1-442D-B3C3-EFEF8102665A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 347651C8-FE11-4507-A650-FE42F643632F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 068269A2-751E-4119-A46B-A5EE6E1D5C6D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, there is no cover on the market that will fit over your operator. The problem is that your operator already has a cover, but it's built into the base mechanism itself and so cannot be replaced. If you wanted to switch to a white finish then you would need an all new operator.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. They don't make operators like this much anymore for this reason, but there are still a lot out there that work this way. If you did want to pursue a new operator, just show me a photo of it out of the window and I will pick out the best match from our catalog.

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.