29" long

3/8" wide

Need 8 balances

18 Ibs bottom sash

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0069.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0071.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order. I just have one last bit of information I need you to clear up before we get started. Can you give me the length of the inside spiral rod? For the sake of clarity and at the risk of sounding silly, the inside spiral rod is the twirly bit coming out of the bottom of the tube. That runs all the way inside the balance to the end of the other side of the tube.

I need to know this because there are two different kinds of balances that could be used to construct this special order. These balances are not compatible, so you can't use either/or. If you tell me the size of the inside spiral rod, it'll tell me for sure what you need. Thank you!

A quick learner from Houston Texas says:

Would someone please contact me concerning the status of the order above?

Please.

John

Profile picture of Tom

Hey, John. I posted on the 24th of October and had a couple questions for you. I still need you to clear them up before we can help.

Tom,

The length of the inside spiral rod is 31".

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thank you. That's all we needed. I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 8 of these. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Tom,

Thanks for the response.

What other tool will I need to replace the balances, such as a charging handle? and do you have an instructional video to replace the balances?

JS

Profile picture of Tom

Sure, if you don't have a charging tool already then we recommend our 75-005. You only want to wind it 2-3 times, no more. As for installation, see the guide below. This should help you out. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)