Desperately need replacement hardware

A home owner from Edgewater, CO says:

Hi,

I have a metal storm door with mortise hardware I can't find anywhere. The closest I've found is your Complete Mortise Lockset (40-195); it has the mounting screw holes 8.25" apart but the key cylinder is not offset far enough (1.25" vs 1").

My wife unlocked the door one day and heard something clink and fall inside the door. Now the deadbolt can't be actuated with the key although I can manipulate the internal parts with a screwdriver.

The door and mortise lockset have absolutely no brand markings whatsoever. There are markings on the glass (3 C's in an oval and the code "E000729")and another showing 36" (the width of the door).

Worst case, I could cut away some of opening in the door but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thank you for your time!

~Josh

I hope the uploaded PDF has enough dimensions on it.

User submitted photos of door handle set.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I couldn't find anything with a 1-1/4" offset. The closest we have is our 40-211, but this offset is even larger at 1-3/8". 

I think you might have something unique, just based on the design of the handle and the star-shaped handle spline. I would recommend contacting the original makers of the door, if they're still in business. Sorry we can't be of more help!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)