Dimensions of metal channel/runner

A handy person from New York says:
I saw that there were two separate questions regarding the dimensions of the track but nothing too specific. Could you please provide more detailed dimensions of the metal channel itself (exact height, width and the width of the opening in the center)?

I notice that other products have an image where dimensions are shown clearly but for this item there isn't.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid we're in the process of moving to a new warehouse, and so at the moment I don't have a 32-063 on site for me to measure in more detail for you. I will say, if you're looking to replace your entire track kit, the specific dimensions of the 32-063 won't matter. The length itself can be trimmed, and likely will need to be, but the width and height of the track itself shouldn't matter if you're replacing your entire old track kit. If you haven't already, watch the video below. This entails the replacement of a specific kind of track kit with the 32-063, but it is informative in general for installation details. Let me know what you think.

A handy person from New York says:
Hi Bob,

Thank you for getting back to me. I was more interested in using the metal channel itself with the existing wood rail that's on the dresser at the moment. The back part of the dresser is very a thin sheet of wood so this system would not work well for me.

Is there any way you can get the dimensions sometime this week? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Don't worry, I was able to confirm these measurements for you! The metal track on the 32-063 is 1-1/2" wide and 1/2" tall. However, I personally recommend that you use the complete kit for track replacement. What I had to do at home in my kitchen was to add a piece of wood board, like a 1 X 4", to the back of the cabinet so that I could then mount the rear bracket for the track.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)