Disco 1189 Replacement

A quick learner from Nassau Bahamas says:
Do you know a replacement for the Disco 1189 single wheel roller for screen doors. Preferably stainless steel as we are beach front.

Any assistance apprecIated.

Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Mike. We may be able to help, though I'm not sure we can get these in stainless steel. Before I recommend anything, can you tell me the width of this roller? It also looks like your height is 1-9/16"  from these photos. Can you confirm?

Here is what I think:

Height: 1 9/16" (Confirming your measurement)
Length: 2 3/16"
Width: 11/16"

Distance from top to the centre of locking lug: 15/16"
Distance from edge to centre of locking lug: 3/8"

Wheel Diameter: 1 1/2"
Wheel Width: 5/16"
Wheel has a roller bearing.

The height adjustment screw is the upper one.
The lower screw hole receives a stainless steel machine screw and is threaded to receive it.

The old ones have DISCO 1189 stamped on them.

The closest thing I could see is 131242 from SLIDE-CO. But the adjustment screw appears to be the lower one and mone is the upper one. It may be a flaw in the diagram. It might fit.

I will need a dozen of these at least to try. I manage beachfront properties here in Nassau Bahamas and I have 33 homes each having 3 sliding doors each with 2 rollers. THat is 200 of the little buggers. They are all 5 years old now and the sea has eaten them up. Check out the two I removed at this morning in the photo attached.

I know I probably cant get stainless. But it would be good.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3E64BF55-3DBE-4B83-AFFC-2924690E0748.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Mike! The best match we have to your design and dimensions is our 81-245, but there's one major difference: the width on ours is 3/4", not 11/16". You might want to double check that just to be 100% sure. Either way, this is definitely our best bet. I don't think anything else we carry would work.

Hello Tom,

I think the 3/4 will fit ok. I measured the gap in the bottom edge and 3/4 will do it. Let me calculate how many I need.

Do you have free shipping?

Thanks

Mike
Profile picture of Tom

Great, I'm glad to hear our part is a match. 

Unfortunately, we do not offer free shipping. All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. 

A quick learner from Harbour Island says:
Mike, how are the replacement rollers? I am nearby in Harbour Island and I also have Disco 1189 rollers needing replacement (only 8 of them though).

I have PGT screen doors and i had a tough time taking one of them apart to get the original roller because of corrosion - the other screens will be even more difficult. if you have suggestions on the best way to get at the rollers let me know too. BTW my house is beachfront but my rollers were not nearly as rusted out as yours. wow.

thanks and good luck -Tom in Harbour Island
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7312.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7305.jpeg
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.