Do I have the S190-832 or S190-840

A quick learner from USA says:
I need coil tape and the plastic holder that it screws onto at the bottom of the window for MI vinyl windows. The series 190 looks like exact match. My question is my tape only has 8 stamp on it. It is 1/2 inch wide and matches the 190 series. Just don't know whether to order 832 or 840? .The top coil cover has spaces for two guides but only uses one coil on each side of the window. I understand the MI are poorly made and all my coils are breaking at once. Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The difference between the S190-832 and S190-840 is how long the coils are. The shorter S190-832 is used in single-coil systems or in the bottom position of dual-coil systems, while the longer S190-840 is used in the top position of dual-coil (or more) systems. I hope that isn't too confusing! Basically, if you have one coil on each side, use the S190-832. If you have two coils on each side, use the S190-832 on the bottom and the S190-840 on the top.
A quick learner from nj says:
Thank you
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)