Do I need a Pivot Bar?

A home owner from SC says:

I order replacement balances from you a couple of times. When I was replacing a couple of balances this weekend, I discovered the die cast metal stem that is on the window that connects to the balance was sheared off flush. I believe these are Marvin windows. Do you sell the stem and to remove the broken stem from window?

Upon doing internet research, I believe the part I'm looking for is the pivot bar. I don't see any plate or bracket, just the pivot bar that's is on a round base, embedded in the window

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Yes, it sounds like you need to replace your pivot bars. There are many different kinds of pivot bars, as you can see from our selection here. To know what pivot bar you need, we will have to see it out of the window. An undamaged version, or at least a re-assembled one, is crucial for identification. If you could also tell us the distance between the center of each mounting hole and the tip of the pivot bar that fits into the shoe in the window, that would be most helpful as well. For removal and replacement details, see the video below.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at