Door Latch and Lock Replacement

A quick learner from New York, USA says:
I am looking to replace the thing latch and lock and mortise on a set of Anderson gliding doors. I believe the doors are the Yuma model and we're most likely installed in 1989 or somewhere close to that. The label on the doors has 2565025-0001-121-100081-111805-12-9868 listed as the product ID number. Do you carry the parts?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm afraid the labels on your door don't tell us what hardware your door uses. We would need to see photos of the parts you're looking to replace to compare to our inventory. 

A quick learner from New York, USA says:
Thank you for your reply. I have attached a few photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1DC26647-32A5-4D1C-BBA1-EAA5B79FC026.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 720E413D-471B-4D92-BEE6-E53E864C9EB4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 57609D53-7FF8-43A1-B132-B006E73E7C2A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for these photos! These are older Andersen parts but our more modern parts should work perfectly well. Start by looking at our 82-037 mortise and 82-043 thumb latch. I feel confident that these are what you want but look them over and see what you think.

Alternate image for 82-037
Alternate image for 82-037

Detail of receiver 82-037
Detail of receiver 82-037

Alternate view of 82-043
Alternate view of 82-043

A home owner from Hillsdale, NJ says:

I have these exact parts on my Anderson patio door. If you use the key the latch cones up and pulls the door tight against the jamb. But using the thumb latch the lock latch does not pull tight, leaving a gap and the door not secured. Going nuts trying to figure it out.

John 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure why you're having trouble locking your door from the inside of the house. The thumb turn locking "tail" actually goes into the back of the key cylinder and kind of acts as one locking unit. If yours locks fine from the outside with the key, then maybe you need to replace the inside thumb turn or possibly replace the inside mortise lock. 

Also make sure to check the operation of the door itself. Maybe the rollers need to be adjusted so that the door lines up plumb with the jamb. Lastly, check that the lock is adjusted properly so that it lines up with the keeper.

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.