Double Hung Tilt Window Shoes

A quick learner from Ocean City NJ says:

I have some 58" high by 36"wide double hung vinyl coated tilt windows that won't hold the lower window up when I open them. There are no etchings on the glass or on the sash or frame to identify the manufacturer. I have checked all the windows on my condo and found one label on a smaller size window that references Andersen and a contractor estimating replacement sliding doors also said they may be patriot windows that are no longer made. I tilted the window and notice one of the shoes was broken. The windows were most likely manufactured in 1995 as the house my upstairs condo is in was built in 1996.

Since the windows are in good shape and 3 stories up I think it best to repair the parts. I have reviewed the Swisco parts and can not determine which shoes to get. I think I also need some 28" Series 600 spiral balances and the balance install tool. Can you help recommending the shoes. See attached photos.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B7A15BA1-61D6-4A3C-8BDF-725ECA765753.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 05E305AC-A4A8-4E8B-B22A-B0BAD75235EC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 044507D7-AAE9-4F7D-9B87-C93CE9477600.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 54F9BC6E-14FC-4276-A70D-544ABD7EA8E9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C985BD8-EEBA-4A08-8659-7F559BE9B22C.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see you were already looking at our 15-046 pivot shoe. This very well may be what you need, but there are other options too. Unfortunately it's not possible to confirm that based on the given information. Your only option is to remove the existing pivot shoe from the window and make your pick based on its size. You can't do that while it's still installed so removal will be necessary.

You can start by comparing it to the 15-046. Note that height doesn't really matter, but width and thickness are vital measurements to consider.

swisco.com
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.