Double Hung window hardware

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Hello,

I need to replace all the hardware in my double-hung windows that has completely corroded out.

They are Certainteed windows, installed in 2005.

I have 8 of these windows, none of which will open or close now. I am so grateful for your help!!

Aloha,
Pamela
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191108_133138.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191108_133357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191108_133408.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5264.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Pamela. If this is a Certainteed brand window, then I'm confident that you can use our 15-155 pivot shoe and 26-175 pivot bar pair. Now, our 26-175 will be very different compared to what you have now, but they should still work. Certainteed discontinued your style and made these to replace them.

For the springs, you want our Series 170. You'll need the stamps off the old ones to confirm the best option.

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks so very much for identifying which hardware I'll probably need.

Here are two photos of the corroded hardware. Are you able to confirm which Series 170 coil balance I'll need based on these photos?

Thanks a million. I am so grateful for your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191204_165657.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photo. Your coil spring does in fact look like our S170-409. Take a look and see if you agree. I also placed some related pieces you may be interested in a list on this page for you to review. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)