Drawer track socket

A quick learner from USA says:
I purchased a rear drawer track socket pair-part number 32-012 for my Merillat cabinet. This is to replace my old style plastic adapter that broke. Could you please guide me as to the best way to mount the new adapter? The back board is not too thick, looks like particle board. Do I place the new adapter above the original holes or do I use a block? Pleas advise.I have attached pictures.

Drawer socket
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Chery. The 32-012 is meant to screw to the back of a cabinet. As to where exactly you need to mount it, I can't be sure. They do not make the old plug-in type socket anymore, so there is no direct replacement. You just have to try to work out the best position. Many customers have used the screw-on type to replace the old plug-in type in the past, but there is no science to it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)