Existing Balancers are missing, and I don't know what to get to replace them

A home owner from Portland, Or says:
Opening in window portion is 5/8" there is a 1/2" gap on either side to where it connects to the frame. I know I need a 28inch channel balancer but I don't know which one specifically. Including photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4535.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4534.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Without having the original balance on hand, it will be very hard to identify what you need. We will do our best, though. I see you have our 18-171 top sash guide. This is popularly used with our Series 385 channel balance, though not exclusively so. I think it's a good place to start for a lot of reasons, but I'll go into that later. 

Before we go any further, we'll have to figure out what kind of Series 385 you need. Please tell me the height of the visible glass and the weight of the sash. That will allow us to determine what length and spring strength you need.

A home owner from Portland, OR says:
Visible glass is 25? high weight is 28#
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you! I recommend our S395-27 channel balance with a 2650 stamp option for sash weighing 26 through 30 pounds.

A home owner from Portland, OR says:
Thank you for your help. Just placed my order!
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.