Extruded vinyl snap-in glazing

A quick learner from Chicago, IL says:
Hi there! I'm looking for replacement snap in glazing for windows of an unknown manufacturer. Some of the glazing pieces that are missing were attached to the pull for tall, sliding windows so apparently people pulled them out during use and then they disappeared. Other places need just the vinyl extrusion. The important part of the extrusion, the snap in part and the rubber weather-seal is the exact same for both, and people can pull open the windows without a pull attached to the snap-in glazing, so I'm fine with just getting a replacement for the glazing. I've attached a picture of the snap-in glazing I need to match. It looks very similar to item 55-178-8, however it is slightly larger in every dimension. Do you know how tall the snap-in slope is above the part that contacts the window for 55-178-8? Do you think that this item will be stiff enough to tap into the window even though it doesn't have a full 'bottom' like my current piece?
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
A quick learner from Chicago, IL says:
Upon further examination, the distance from the 'bottom' of my piece (the side against the glass) to the top of the snap-in slope, measures 0.25". Since this is more than the total 0.218" height of item 55-178-8, it appears that this item will not work. What do you think about item 55-011? Might it slide completely into the gap? Do you think the fact that neither of these items have a full 'bottom' will cause them to slip down into the gap at the edge of the glass?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 55-178-8. I believe this could be a good substitute for your glazing bead.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)