Failed Balance in a Single Hung Window

A home owner from Seattle says:
A plastic piece broke on the left side of the window. You can see it placed close to a similar piece on the right side. What is this piece? I would like to replace it to repair this window.
Thanks, Adrienne
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken part next to similar.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window with failed balance.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The broken piece you show there is the bottom nylon fitting on your channel balance assembly. If that broke, then the rest of your balance may not be far behind. I recommend watching the two videos below to get a better idea of what you're working with. Then, show me some photos of your assembly, as outlined by our videos, and I can recommend a replacement.

Okay, here are the details that will help you identify the parts that we need. The # photo didn't get uploaded, but it is B.S.I. 0940 and it's 10"
Thanks, Adrienne
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4383.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4376.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4377.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4378.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4379.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! This information is a huge help. Looks like you need a new balance entirely. In addition to the nylon fitting breaking off, it seems the block and tackle system has also come undone.

We can supply this balance to you but it will have to be a custom order due to its extra small size. With that in mind, can you just tell me how many you needed? Once I have a quantity, I can email you a purchase link and price quote for that quantity. Please note that our minimum for these is 2.

Thank you, we would like to order 2 please.
Adrienne
Profile picture of Tom

You got it, I'll send that out to you now.

Just one last thing that I neglected to explain beforehand: the nylon fittings we'll be using to construct this balance will be the 19-002 top and 15-001 bottom. I believe these will match yours, but take note that the 15-001 is 1-1/8" deep. We also carry the 15-002, which is only 1" deep. If you need the 15-002 instead, let me know and I would be more than happy to change it for you. The image below will show you what I mean.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.