Flush bolt compatibility

A handy person from San Antonio says:

I need to replace some broken flushbolts on three doors at church. The dimensions seam to match your product as seen in photos. Radius face measures 15/16" W and 4 1/4" H. The distance from the top of the door to the top of the radius face is 10". The distance between the screw holes is 5 1/4".

I need help with the offset. Is that the thickness of the door edge? The current flushbolts are pop riveted into the door. The rod comes out the top of the door through non movable metal. Do you think that I could drill out the two pop rivets, turn the flushbolt sideways, and pull out assembly through the side of the door. When re-installing the new flushbolt, I could use screws as intended. I would need to purchase six of these if they would work. I could probably re-use the rod from the old one if needed.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named flush bolt radius face.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named flushbolt rod top of door.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named flushbolt width.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named flushbolt.jpg
I drilled off the pop rivet heads and removed the assembly by turning and pulling out the side of the door. The flushbolt is threaded so I am not sure why pop rivets were used. The current flushbolt has a 1/8 inch offset and matching dimensions for the 79-093. I attached a few more photos and have two additional questions. 1. Does the new flushbolt assembly come with the two mounting screws? 2. Since the rod has an attached plastic tip that extends into threshold, can remove the rod and install on the new flushbolt assembly?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rod dimension to radius face.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rod end.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rod width.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The 79-093 is the most popular style, with that 1/8" off set. It comes with mounting screws, nylon guide, and a removable rod with nylon end. If you haven't already take a look at the related video on installing the flush bolt. This might help you come to a decision.

Thanks. I have already watched the video and this is exactly what I need. I am going to purchase six of these to repair three doors.
A handy person from Cumming, GA says:
The top flush bolt dropped down on to the bottom bolt. The top and bottom of my doors don't have a removable plate for the plunger to go thru but rather are welded in place with the hole in it.

Any ideas on getting the bolts out
Ron
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your these bolts are welded into the frame of the door, then I'm not sure this is a project that we can help with. Your options are very limited. You may want to contact the original maker of the door to see if they have a special procedure you use for this specific Series.

How to Install a Commercial Door Flushbolt
How to Install a Commercial Door Flushbolt
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.