Guidance needed to replace middle of bay window's snap-in glazing

A quick learner from Seattle, WA says:
Window type:
- the fixed middle window of bay window,
- Around 1989, Aluminium,
- no branding or code seen on middle window, the side openable window has MilGard branding

Issue:
- the exterior snap-in glazing (lower one) broken and came off in one lower corner (picture)
- in the interior I notice slight 2/8 inch of glass moved out (picture)

Where am I:
- identified and sourced the snap-in glazing bead

Question
1. Does putting back the snap-in glazing bead will push the glass pane back inside or I need do any to push it and hold back?
2. is there any sealant I need to apply before i push the glass in and fix snap-in glazing bead?
3. (picture) what is the black strip called which is between the glass pane and the interior frame, need that be replaced?
4. I notice black caulk (like) in exterior snap-in glazing bead corners, what I need to apply in exterior snap-in bead corners after fixing?

thanks a lot
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named strip.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Interior.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named deab4380-50b2-47ac-a98c-6ddadbde4cfa.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's tough to tell what you have from the photos you've sent us. The end profile in your last picture helps, but your sample is a little smushed so it's not 100% representative of its original shape.

Start by looking at our 55-195. This looks similar, but you'll have to try to get an undamaged sample to confirm that the dimensions and style match.

As for your follow up questions, I'll do my best to answer one at a time.

1. I'm not sure if I understand this question, exactly. I'm going to post a video at the end of this post that explains how to replace glazing bead. Hopefully that clarifies this point for you.
  2. Some people have been known to use caulk, but it isn't necessary. It also makes it harder to replace in the future. The video show clarify for you how you can replace your glazing bead.
  3. The black seal between your glass panes is a kind of rubbery substance that keeps the air sealed. You don't need to replace that unless your glass is fogging; if it is fogging, you need to take the window to a glass shop to have them replace it. It's not something you can do yourself.
  4. I don't understand this question, either. Can you you clarify?

I mentioned a tutorial video before and I think it will be a big help. You can view it below.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.