Handle Set ID

A home owner from Andover, MA says:
We need a replacement handle for our sliding glass door. The manufacturer number for my door is NFRC 100 , code: Hll-280-3, Spec: NFRC, Series: SVPD, MST: 280-M-017

The hole spacing is 4 15/16 inches apart and wood thickness is approx 3/4 inch.

Thank you!

Kate
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC2BEDEC-34A1-47F0-980C-205D03617F99.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 400A2659-ACA1-4C15-924E-B128100949FB.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Kate. This looks to be a match for our 82-035, though ours has a hole spacing of 3-15/16". Can you confirm that same measurement on yours? Make sure that you're only measuring the plate that mounts to the door.

I measured as you suggested and it looks as though it is a match with your measurements above. Thank you so much for your time.

Kate
Profile picture of Tom

My pleasure, Kate. Let me know if you had any other questions and we would be happy to help.

Hi Tom. We ordered that new handle and it seems like the screws are a perfect fit in terms of where they are located as a match up to our old set. The only issue is that the screws do not seem long enough and do not fit into the handle on the outside part of the door. The width of the door is 1 and 13/16 inches, but the screw length is the same size so there's no room for it to catch and stabilize the 2 handles together. I tried our old screws, but unfortunately the head of the screw is slightly too small to fit properly. Please advise. Are there longer screws that you can send?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that we don't have longer versions of the screws that come with our 82-035. In these situations I usually recommend just reusing the old screws, but it seems like that's not an option. That is honestly surprising, I see no reason why they wouldn't work. I think maybe your best bet in this case is to take the old screws to a local hardware store and see if they have the same length but with a head that matches what you need.

If you see you pic below is there a chance we were given a shorter than standard screw? Based on the pic below, is there a lot get screw that can be mailed to us? I'd imagine door width hasn't changed much over the years. Thoughts?or just go to Home Depot? Appreciate your input. Thanks!

Kate
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 95E4472D-A5BF-4BF1-88DC-74F302616319.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

The screws we provide with the 82-035 are typically standard. It's more likely that your door is thicker than average. It happens sometimes; like I said, in these situations I always recommend just reusing the old screws. It's never been a problem before and it's a pretty easy work-around. I'm not sure why your old screws won't work in this case, though. Your old handle is just about identical to the 82-035 in terms of style and those screws should fit without issue.

As stated in my previous response, we don't have a longer version of the screw in question. I think your best bet is to take the old screw to a local hardware store so they can match up the size.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.