Heavy-duty slider

A handy person from Maryland says:
1. I have a 2' x 3' mosaic picture weighing 50 lbs sitting on a shelf. Behind the picture is the access to the water shutoff valve. I want to be able to easily slide the picture to the left to gain access to the valve. Do you have any suggestions?

2. Do you sell bare window shade rollers? I want to make my own window shade but I don't want to buy a complete window shade since I'll be throwing away the "shade" part. I just want the roller and associated hardware.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

SWISCO specializes in replacement hardware, so when it comes to new applications you will need to look through our catalog to find the parts that could work for you.

The only complete sliding set that might work for your project is our bypass closet door track set. The track set can handle panels up to 60lbs. The set comes in 4', 5', 6', and 8' lengths.

We do not carry window shade replacement hardware, so I do not know if you will be able to find anything that would work in our catalog.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.