Help Identifying Balance Shoe

A home owner from Simpsonville, SC says:
I purchased part 15-195B to replace the broken balance shoes in my windows but the hook that attaches to the spring is too wide in the replacement part. Any suggestions on an alternate part to fit my window?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid we don't have a replacement for this shoe. Yours has a groove down the stem, which is made to accommodate a similar groove on the metal channel of the balance itself. The only thing we can recommend is replacing the entire balance with our Series 795. You can swap the default shoe that comes with it (15-195) for the 15-195B that you purchased. I'm sorry that we can't offer anything better.

A quick learner says:
Do I need to swap the shoe for the 15-195B or is it just a preference thing.

Thank you for the help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, you should swap out for the 15-195B. To be perfectly honest with you, there is a chance that the default 15-195 shoe can work... but there's no guarantee. I've heard mixed reports from customers in the past. Some got it to work, others didn't. In my experience it's best to stick with what your window used before just to be safe. You already have the 15-195B so there's no harm. They just pop on and off.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.