Help Validating Parts and How to Replace Without Damaging Woodwork

A home owner from Chanhassen, MN says:
I watched your video online, and I do not have a plastic piece with screws holding the channel balances in place. Instead, the whole assembly has wood framing. I have quite a few windows to repair, but am hesitant on ordering parts until I have confidence I can do this myself without destroying the wood framing. Any help would be appreciated!

(I am quite handy. Remodeled my bathroom down to the studs by myself, including window replacement, and passed all home inspections.)

Paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190615_084753.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190615_092420.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190615_092431.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190615_092407.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190615_092413.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! It's tough to make out what your balance is from these photos, but it might be our Series 751. It will depend on the style of the bottom s hoe.

As for removing the balances, it will require removing the entire jamb liner. We actually have a video that details for you the recommended process. Let me know if this helps.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.