Help getting pivot shoes out of aluminum windows

A quick learner from NY says:

I am a Board member for a Catholic Academy in Brooklyn. I'm trying to repair parts of the windows which I can, with your help. So I do wish the windows were vinyl but they're not. They appear to be extruded aluminum very large and very old ( 40 yrs approx. ) Let me know if there is any easy way of getting out the pivot shoes. I want to order these, balances and tilt latches in bulk quantities at first. Naturally I want to get the correct replacement parts before I start the project. Thanks for your help.

Kevin

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Kevin. Most windows have pre-made cutouts at the top of the track (for the bottom sash) or bottom of the track (for the top sash) that allow you to pop the pivot shoes out. If you have no such cutout, then you have to make one. The video below will explain how.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.