Help identifying replacement part

A quick learner from CA says:
Hello,

I have 3 windows that need replacement channel balances (I think that's the term)? I have attached the only markings I could find for 2 of them, and had a question I was hoping you could help me for the third (and one of the two actually).

I can't actually remove 2 of the windows once the channel balances have been removed because it won't clear the channel despite me pushing the window as far as I can over to either side. I can clear maybe the bottom 1/4 of the window, but the top gets caught by the channel. Is there a trick to removing the window where window won't clear the moulding? Do I just need to force it out? I'm afraid it will break the moulding, which means it won't be a "channel" anymore. I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Michael
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200726_144753.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200726_145844.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what you have, unfortunately. We have dozens of different balances with that stamp. It's not a product code or anything, it just indicates the strength of the spring.

In order to figure out what Series this is, I need you to remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me clear pictures of the top and bottom nylon fittings. I will also need to know the dimensions of these fittings.

Here are some pictures of one of them. I know the other windows have the same style of balance, what additional information would I need to be able to figure out what part I would need for those? Is it just the length?

From my previous post, I can't seem to remove the window to get the balances out, so any tips on how to do that would be appreciated as well!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200802_105630.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200802_114428.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200802_114439.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200802_115713.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200802_115725.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! Based on your photos, you have either our S380-26 or S385-26. The only difference between them is the size of the bottom fitting, which is indicated on their respective store pages. You'll need to measure your bottom fitting to confirm which one is the better match.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Concerning your other balances, assuming that the top and bottom nylon fittings are identical to what you show here, then you still need to figure out the length and the stamp. Removing those balances from the window will be necessary to get that information. The video below should help you to that end.
Thanks Tom! I have two different windows, the balances seem to have the same fittings and be the same length, but I'm not sure which stamp option to go with. Can you please help? The two stamps on the channels are:

25 5 BW CMC 7
25 4 BW CMC 10

Is the number I'm looking for the 7 and 10, which would mean I just need to get 2510's for all of them?

Thanks!
Michael
Profile picture of Tom

No, the numbers 7 and 10 don't have any relevance. They're just manufacturer branding. The only numbers you should be concerned with are the first three, which are "25 5" and "25 4," respectively. That would mean the stamps you want on our balances are 2550 and 2540.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.