How Does It Work / What Parts to Order

A handy person from Ajo, Arizona says:
Hi,

I have a client whose window no longer stays open. I have pictures of mechanisms that she picked up, but I can't piece together how the window itself works or what all needs to be replaced. I was hoping y'all could help me figure it out. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Clip.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hook.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spring.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Frame.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The parts you're showing me, in order of left to right, are the top sash guide, take out clip, and then various components of the balance assembly. I'll make my recommendations in that order.

The top sash guide appears to be an older version of our 18-009. You should review our dimensions just to confirm. There is one major difference right off the bat which is that our part has a "lip" around the top edge that you will have to shave down to fit. Your original just isn't made anymore, but as long as you do that and as long as the dimensions match then you ought to be good to go.

The take out clip is our 16-002. I am confident that'll work just fine.

The balance components you show are not sold separately. Your only option is to replace the balance itself entirely, though I cannot determine what you have. The only way I can do that is to see an original out of the window in undamaged condition. I specifically need to see the top and bottom ends, stamp, and the metal hook at the end of the cord.

The videos below will provide all the information you need to gather this data for me.

A handy person from Ajo, Arizona says:
Thank you so much! I will make another visit to the client's house and get that information to send to you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.