How do I remove the 81-128 Roller without damaging frame?

A home owner from California says:
I have the original rollers installed. They flair out and are pressed into the wood. It seems like I'll break the wood if i try to pull out the existing roller housing. Three questions.

1.) What model is my replacement.
2.) How can I remove the housing w/out cracking the wood OR
3.) can I drill out the roller shaft and replace the rollers? Or is that more difficult? Two pictures are attached. One showing model number, the other showing the wood cracking.

A customer submitted photo of a sliding glass door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting in our discussion board, and for the informative picture.

This might be an older style roller. If it is, it may have installation screws holding it in the door. If so, they will need to be unfastened before you can remove the roller. Please refer to the following picture, where I point out where the screws will be located. You will have to stick a screwdriver into that gap to unscrew them.
Picture showing where possible set screw would be on Swisco <a href=
If there are no installation screws, please let me know and we can work from there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at