How do you replace this part?

A quick learner says:
what is involved in replacing the 15-086?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 15-086 is just the housing for the S180 sash support system. You will probably need to replace the spring that sits in this housing (see S180 coil springs). First, remove the window sash from the window frame (see instructions on this step). Take a look at the diagram of the Series 180 coil sash support balance system below. You will need to unhook the top of the spring by unscrewing mounting bracket (there is a chance your window manufactured placed a shield or cover in front of this mounting bracket). After you unhook the spring you can take the housing apart to replace the spring and or housing.
Series 180 Diagram
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at