How to identify a replacement channel balance

A handy person from Michigan says:
I am looking at replacing the channel balance on some windows and am curious as to how to remove the old balance and how to measure properly to get the correct parts.


Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Hi Jim,

Lets start by determining which series sash support balance you currently have. Can you send a few pictures of your current balance? I would like to see close up views of both the top and bottom of the balance. It would be better to remove the balance from the window for the pictures but if you cannot figure out how to remove it... send a few pictures of the balance in your window and I will try to help you with the removal procedure.
A handy person says:
Hi Mike,
I don't have any pics at the moment.
I am sure that the part numbers 26-151 and 26-152 are the cam pivots for my windows and that 15-014 is the balance shoe that fits my window.
Does that help at all?
Should the balance simply pull out of the side of the windows?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Ok, so they are most likely S751 replacement balances. Here is a discussion on how to remove your old S751 balance from the window.

After you remove the balance from the window, measure the metal channel and look for a stamp somewhere on the channel. Respond back here with the length and stamp and we should be able to tell you which replacement balance you need.

Send us pictures if you need help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)