How to install this type of locking shoe. Tools needed?

A home owner from Charlottesville, VA says:

Hello, I have a few questions. I may or may not need window parts/tools.

In a bottom pane tilt in window the left balance spring and locking foot are missing. Home is 21 yrs old with original windows (company name not found and presumed out of business). The part pictured came with the house. Based on the next window over I think this is the missing spring but there us no cutout in the track big enough to slide the plastic hook in. Can you identify this type of track lock and do you have a video which shows how get it in to the track?

The next window over is fine. It has the pictured locking foot in the right track and a different sliding mechanism on the left track (like your part PIVOT SHOE, 9/16" THICK Product Code: 15-152).

Honestly I'm not sure I need any parts if my existing hardware will work. But I could use some guidance on the install method, tools you sell and additional options to complete the window repair.

Regards, Craig

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200830_142044.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200830_142058.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Craig. The balance in your photos looks like a match for our Series 775. The guide below will show you how we replace these in the window track.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.