How to remove old plastic slider clip from operator

A home owner from La Grange Park, Mississippi says:
I purchased a 39-253L from Swisco and everything looks fine. The question I have is how to get the old plastic slider clip off of the old arm to use on the new arm? Thanks for any help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the plastic slider clip is, exactly. Could you show me a picture of the part in question?
A home owner from La Grange Park, IL says:
From the attached image the bar on the left is from the existing window and the one on the right is the new one from your company. I'm inquiring about the plastic tab at the end of the bar from the existing 39-253L which fits into the window slider. I was expecting that I could just snap off the old one and place it on the replacement but this is not the case as I'd have to destroy it in order to get it off. What piece to I need to order to replace this.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. I believe this is a different series operator than the 39-253L. I don't think you will be able to swap the shoe at all. We may be able to help, but I would require more information.

First, please show us a picture of the track and sash where it installs. I'd like to see where this black slider inserts. If we cannot come up with a way to move it, perhaps we can come up with a substitute piece.

I would also like to see a picture of your entire operator. If my suspicion is correct and you have a different series operator, then there may be other differences as well that are just as subtle. I'd like to give it a good look over before I recommend anything. Please also confirm that it's dimensions are the same as what we show for the 39-253L. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)