How to remove the lock assembly

A quick learner from Maryland says:
I think I have the 82-400 lock assembly with a failed mechanism. How to remove the old one and install a new one. Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We'd like to first confirm that your lock set is similar to the 82-400 prior to offering some instruction on how to disassemble it and replace it. Could you upload a photo for us to see? This will help us see what 's currently being used on your door. 

A home owner from Maryland says:

Please see attached photos for my lock and advice on type and disassembly.

Thanks.

Adel

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock Atrium1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock Atrium2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock Atrium3.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! In my experience, you have to first remove the inside and outside handles, and then the mortise lock itself. As long as the handles are installed, the spindle connecting them prevents you from removing the mortise.

I don't think there's any trick to it beyond that. Where exactly are you running into problems?

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.