How to remove the old 90-115 keeper

A quick learner from Washington says:
My original keepers are broken off on the top. I can't slide the new keeper ito place, because the lower part of the old keeper seems to be in the way. How can I remove the lower portion of the old keeper? Thank you.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Could you show us a photo of the keeper that you're having trouble with? Thank you!

A quick learner from Washington says:
As you can see by the second pic the keeper is broken off at the window frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EEE19499-E6F0-476D-8E94-A5E7138463B4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C2EC700C-C206-4C26-BF62-6AE149A8A766.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You'll need to remove the bottom sash to get to the screws holding the 90-115 keeper. We pulled up some instructions on sash removal to assist you with this process. Thanks for posting!

A handy person from IL says:
I'm having the same issue, and from what I can see, the instructions are on replacing the balance, which doesn't help. The lock keeper broke off within the window frame and I can't slide the replacement in without it hitting what remains of the old keeper. I've taken the screws out, tried a magnet, and tried sliding a straightened paperclip in an attempt to shift what remains of the original keeper, but neither worked. I'm happy to provide photos, but they look exactly like what the original poster shared. Is there a recommended way to remove what remains of the lock keeper from within the window? Unfortunately, both keepers on this window are broken, so I'm not able to lock the window at all.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

To access the original keeper on the top sash or fixed top sash, you will need to remove the bottom sash, especially since your keeper is broken off. There's no way around that. Now, our videos show how to replace the balance, yes, but they also show how to remove the sash from a window, which is your main goal here. You need to get the bottom sash out of the way to access the screws or rivets holding the keeper in place.

How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.