I need parts

A contractor from Customer says:
I need parts for these windows I guess I'll call choose or breaks and I need the part to lock and unlock the window to tilt for cleaning
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! Looks like you need a couple different parts across a couple different windows. Specifically, it looks like you need a vent lock, tilt latch, and pivot shoe.

Starting with the vent lock in your 4th photo, see our 26-122 or maybe 26-219. I can't tell which, if either, can replace yours. You'll have to remove the original from the window to compare dimensions and style. Keep in mind, however, that these cannot be removed without breaking them.

Now for the pivot shoe in your 2nd photo. I can't tell what yours is while it's installed but I would start with our 15-046. This is an educated guess. Carefully compare our photos and dimensions to your part, just like with the vent lock before.  You'll find it easier to measure if you remove it from the window first.

Finally we have the tilt latch in your 1st and 3rd photos. I don't think we'll be able to replace this. To be honest, you may be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!

I need to order parts
I need to order parts
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The top finger lever and internal tilt latches are no longer available. We suggest the 26-228 and 26-229 Top Mounted Tilt Latches as a replacement. See the video below for details on this procedure.

As far as your Spiral Balance goes, you will need the S600-25 with a Red Tip option. We also suggest using the charging tool, the 75-006, if you don't already have one.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)