Identifying Coil Replacement

A quick learner says:

I am trying to find replacement parts for a window, including coil, pivot bar and pivot shoe. We believe the pivot bar is a 26-226 and the pivot shoe is a 15-175, but we cannot determine which coil to order. I have uploaded a picture of the current coil and of the window type. We do not know the window manufacturer.

Can you also please confirm the pivot shoe is a 15-175? Picture attached.

Thanks for your assistance

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5220.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5223.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5224.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I agree, that looks like our 15-175 shoe. If you refer to the product description on that shoe's store page, we describe it as something used with the Series 152 coil spring. This spring is 1/2" thick and is a very common choice with this shoe, so it should be the first thing you look at. As long as yours is also 1/2" thick then I see no reason why it can't work. You'll need the stamp off the old spring to confirm the best Series 152 option.

A quick learner from Colorado says:
Hi Tom,

I've removed the existing coil spring and the only stamp on the spring is a "C". Does this correlate to one of your weight choices for the Series 152 coil springs?

Thanks
Carroll
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5226.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, the letter "C" often corresponds to the number "3," which in your case would indicate a spring that offers 3 pounds of support. As long as the Series 152 is a match, then you'd want our S152-3.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)