I'm sure this window can open!

A quick learner from MA says:
We had this window installed in 2006. I can't believe I have never attempted to open it before, but it is high in a room with a vaulted ceiling and I just never thought about it. It may just be that the paint is stuck, but I can't figure out how to manipulate the hardware. It looks like the windows should push out or that you pull the handle out and then crank it, but I haven't seen anything like this before. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2FDF8396-2464-4EB1-8530-A006E49E7797.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 48FE5D0C-67B0-4DE8-B072-1AB5ECE30493.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EDE9E294-15CA-4664-98DD-396BC2556F5F.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am afraid we don't carry hardware for these type of windows, or to replace telescoping rods like this. A local hardware store may have a better solution. I'm sorry we can't do more, and good luck with the repair. 

A quick learner from MA says:
A repair isn't needed - I just need tips on how to use this type of hardware or how to get a window unstuck. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying, apologies. I'm not certain myself, but I'm running this discussion by one of my senior colleagues who would know for sure, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can with more information. Thanks. 

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can help. You are correct, you should be able to just push that bar outward to open the window. In you photo, I can see that the push bar goes through the bottom sill cover and is most likely attached to the window sash. I do believe it is painted shut. It could have paint on both inside and the outside of that wood sash. I would take a chisel, a 5 in 1 tool or a small scrape bar and wedge it between the sash and the interior wood trim. Take your time so not to damage the wood or sash. Also wear safety glass to protect you from any flying paint chips. You might need to use a Hammer to help drive the chisel between wood and sash. Take care that once the window is open you might have trouble trying to pull it closed. Can you get to the outside of the window easily if you need to push it closed from the outside of the house. One more thing do you have a screen to stop bugs from coming into the house once the window is opened.

SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.