In need of balances

A handy person from 32137 says:
I am in need of several balances(I think that is what they are called, thethings that keep an open window from falling down. Are they left or right specific? all the windows are the same size.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on your sticker, all I can tell is that these windows were made by Kinco. Unfortunately, Kinco used a few different kinds of balances. Our Series 380 was commonly used, but that's no guarantee that it's what you have. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have. You won't really find a number or stamp anywhere that tells you exactly what balance you need. The only way to confirm is to match up specific physical details.

Most channel balances are not left or right specific. The few exceptions are rare, and I don't think you'll have to worry about it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)